Tools and Programs
Invest in Neighborhoods Vision
San Francisco’s neighborhood commercial districts will be economically thriving, safe, resilient, sustainable, and meet the needs of local residents.
Tools and Programs to support this vision include:
- Central Market Partnership is a public-private initiative to strengthen and revitalize San Francisco's central City area.
- The Jobs Squad is a team of City staff that provides proactive outreach and technical assistance to small businesses around the City.
- The Community Benefit District (CBD) program supports the creation and maintenance of special assessment areas in commercial districts around the City that are dedicated to improving quality of life and economic conditions.
- OEWD offers a variety of Grant and Loan Programs to small business owners, nonprofits, and neighborhood groups.
- Biz Fit SF is a small business strengthening program for a limited number of businesses in targeted Invest In Neighborhoods (IIN) corridors.
- Healthy Retail SF provides individualized attention to businesses by providing concentrated and tailored technical assistance to address food access needs so that they may thrive.
- The San Francisco Plaza Program aims to support community-based groups in stewarding and activating local plazas.
To learn more about some of the customized services being deployed across neighborhoods and download some department and partner agency toolkits visit the Programs & Services web page.