Workforce Investment San Francisco Board
The Workforce Investment San Francisco (WISF) Board is designated as San Francisco’s Workforce Investment Board. The mission of the WISF is to provide a forum where businesses, labor, education, government, community-based organizations and other stakeholders work together to increase their collective capacity to address the supply and demand challenges confronting the workforce.
Specifically, the WISF is responsible for:
- Establishing the direction of workforce development in support of San Francisco’s vision for economic competitiveness.
- Creating strategic workforce connections between industry, business, labor, educational institutions, and community based organizations to serve the needs of workers and employers in the region.
- Providing job seekers with education and training needs to achieve self-sufficiency.
- Creating a framework to merge public and private resources and expertise to create an integrated workforce development and business service system.
WISF Members play an integral role in overseeing and setting the direction for San Francisco’s Workforce System. They establish policies for workforce development in San Francisco and influence the design and of the delivery system. Further, they contribute expertise from industry and articulate the current workforce trends and needs of the local labor market. Most importantly they provide leadership in developing a strong and vital partnership between businesses, education, community based organizations, and City agencies.
- Board Members
- Upcoming Board Meetings
- Meetings and Agendas
- WISF Board Orientation Guide (for current and prospective members)
For more information about the WISF, please contact:
Office of Economic and Workforce Development
1 South Van Ness Avenue, 5th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103