Request for Proposals 213 - Technical Assistance and Commercial Corridor Improvement Grants
The Office of Economic and Workforce Development advances equitable and shared prosperity for San Franciscans by growing sustainable jobs, supporting businesses of all sizes, creating great places to live and work, and helping everyone achieve economic self-sufficiency. OEWD programs are responsible for strengthening San Francisco’s many diverse neighborhoods and commercial corridors, creating a business climate where companies can grow and prosper, and ensuring a continually high quality of life for all San Franciscans.
The Office of Economic and Workforce Development ("OEWD") is issuing this Request for Proposals ("RFP") for grants to support a variety of key economic development activities from the Invest in Neighborhoods (IIN) division. Through this RFP, OEWD has allocated resources to make grants in 4 different program areas, detailed in Section II of the RFP. Unless otherwise indicated in the program descriptions, successful proposals will be funded for a term of three (3) years beginning in fiscal year 2020-2021, with opportunities to renew or extend programming through fiscal year 2025-2026, subject to OEWD approval and funding appropriation.
|RFP is issued by the City||Monday, September 30, 2019
(Reissued October 29, 2019, see below)
Friday, October 4, 2019
|Deadline for submission of written questions||Thursday, October 10, 2019 at 5:00PM|
|Answers to questions posted online||Saturday, October 12, 2019|
|Proposals Due||Tuesday, November 5, 2019 by 5PM|
|Committee Review||November 2019|
|Grantee selection and award notification||target January 16, 2020|
|Projects begin||July 2020 or later|
*Each date above is subject to change. Check this website frequently for latest schedule.
- October 29, 2019 at 11:59 AM - The application deadline for this RFP has been EXTENDED to Tuesday, November 5, 2019 at 5:00 P.M. The RFP timeline has been updated (above), reflecting this change. A revised RFP #213 has also been posted below, reflecting the change to the RFP deadline.
- October 25, 2019 at 11:42 AM - A new document - "Invest in Neighborhoods (IIN) Commercial Corridor Boundaries" - has been uploaded under "Document Downloads", below. Corridors targeted through this RFP are highlighted in orange.
- October 12, 2019 at 9:20 PM - The Question and Answer (Q&A) log has been uploaded under Document Downloads, below.
- October 11, 2019 at 7:47 PM - The RFP schedule has been updated to reflect a new date for posting of the Question and Answer (Q&A) log. The log will be posted on Saturday, October 12, 2019 under Document Downloads, below.
- October 10, 2019 at 4:28 PM - In response to a request from the October 4 Bidders Conference, a list of current CDBG-funded Economic Development projects has been posted under Document Downloads, below.
- October 4, 2019 at 5:25 PM - The materials distributed at the RFP 213 Bidders Conference (PowerPoint Slides and 12B Equal Benefits Compliance Guide) have been uploaded under Document Downloads, below.
- October 4, 2019 at 12:40 PM - An updated version of RFP 213 has been posted, which provides further clarification on the income requirements that apply based on clients served under each program area. In summary:
- If serving micro-enterprises only, 100% of your clients must be low to moderate income (LMI) individuals.
- If serving micro-enterprises and small businesses, 51% of the jobs created and retained by your clients must be available or held by low to moderate income (LMI) individuals.
- 51% of the jobs created and retained by your clients must be available or held by low to moderate income (LMI) individuals.
These changes are reflected on pages 14, 18, 37 and 66 of the RFP. Revised versions of the Application Templates (Appendices C, D and E) have also been posted below, reflecting the adjustments to the eligibilty requirements.
Key Links and Resources: