Request for Proposals (RFP) #215
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP) #215
The Office of Economic and Workforce Development (OEWD) is issuing this Request for Proposals (RFP) for grants to support a variety of key economic development activities from its Invest in Neighborhoods (IIN) and Business Development divisions. The funding in this RFP responds to the recovery needs shared by OEWD’s many stakeholders including the small business community, neighborhoods, non-profit partners, elected leaders as well as the recommendations from the COVID-19 Economic Recovery Task Force.
The RFP maintains long-standing, successful programs and partnerships while focusing on program areas that support recovery, including targeted investments in:
✺ Clean and safe outdoor and public spaces
✺ Hard-hit neighborhoods
✺ Commercial corridors and business sectors
✺ Technical, real estate and legal support for small businesses
✺ Resources to support marketing and customer attraction
Unless otherwise indicated in the program descriptions, successful proposals will be funded for a term of one (1) year, beginning in fiscal year 2020-2021, with opportunities to renew or extend programming through fiscal year 2024-2025, subject to OEWD approval and funding appropriation.
The anticipated schedule for this RFP is below. Please check this page frequently for updates as the schedule is subject to change.
To meet equity objectives and to increase transparency and accessibility, OEWD will be holding a bidders conference. While attendance is not a prerequisite to apply, interested applicants are encouraged to attend. The Bidders Conference will be an opportunity to determine the eligibility of proposed projects as well as to receive technical assistance on submitting a proposal. Additionally, staff will be on-hand to assist with questions related to navigating the City Supplier (vendor) process.
Date: Friday, December 18, 2020
Time: 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
You will receive an email confirming your registration, along with important instructions on how to access the event
The Bidders Conference begins on Friday, December 18, 2020 from 3:30 P.M. to 5:00 PM.
To join, click on the direct link to the Zoom meeting found in your confirmation email.
You may register at any time, even after the Bidders Conference is in progress. If you have any problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will assist you.
A recording of the Bidders Conference, along with a log of all questions asked by the Question and Answer deadline, will be posted under Document Downloads. Purely technical questions regarding how to navigate the RFP or fill out application materials will be answered until the Proposal Submission Deadline on January 12, 2021 at 5:00 PM.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
You may submit "substantive questions" until Monday, December 28, 2020 at 5:00 PM. Substantive questions are questions that seek to clarify expectations about specific program areas or administrative processes, for example, "Under program area E, would OEWD be interested in funding proposals for outreach activities?" Substantive questions may be asked at the Bidders Conference or submitted online by clicking the button below.
Click the button below to submit a question online:
The deadline to submit substantive questions is Monday, December 28, 2020 at 5:00 PM. However, you may continue to submit technical questions (e.g. "How do I complete the application?") to email@example.com and we will respond as soon as possible.
To ensure full transparency and the opportunity for all applicants to benefit from Departmental guidance, questions should only be submitted in writing. The answers to all questions asked and answered at the Bidders Conference or submitted online will be available for download in the Documents section below.
Applications will be accepted online, and all elements of the proposal package must be submitted by the application deadline. Please review the Proposal Package Checklist (found in Appendix A as well as the RFP) to confirm all required questions and attachments. When you are ready to submit your application, click on the following link:
Click the button below to apply online:
All updates to the RFP will be posted in this section with a date/time stamp indicating when the update occurred. Any questions regarding updates should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- February 25, 2021 at 7:39 P.M. - The above RFP timeline has been updated to confirm that Award Notifications for Invest in Neighborhoods programs (Areas A through W) are anticipated to be sent by Thursday, March 4, 2021.
- February 19, 2021 at 7:00 P.M. - Award notifications have been e-mailed to all applicants under Program Areas X through EE. Award Notifications for Invest in Neighborhoods programs (Areas A through W) are anticipated to be sent by Thursday, February 25, 2021. The RFP timeline, above, has been updated to reflect this change.
- January 12, 2021 at 12:05 P.M. - An updated version of the Budget Template has been uploaded under Documents, below. This template includes additional deliverable rows (11-30). There are no other changes to the template.
- January 8, 2021 at 3:00 P.M. - A final version of the Question and Answer log has been uploaded under Documents, below. The posting date has been uploaded in the RFP schedule.
- December 31, 2020 at 4:08 P.M. - A second version of the Question and Answer log has been uploaded under Documents, below. A final Question and Answer log will be posted to this website on Monday, January 4, 2021 by end of business; the RFP schedule has been updated to reflect this revised final posting date.
- December 24, 2020 at 5:19 P.M. - A revised copy of RFP #215 has been posted to the website, reflecting the following change: In Program Area T, Public Space Improvement Services, the Scope of Work section was updated to clarify that the successful applicants will manage multiple public spaces throughout the city. The previous posting referenced a variety of public spaces. In addition, the initial Question and Answer log and a revised version of Appendix A have been uploaded under Documents, below.
- December 21, 2020 at 12:00 A.M. - A revised copy of RFP #215 has been posted to the website, reflecting the following change: In the Program Area Table (pg. 9), Area F (Chinatown Quality of Life Improvement Projects), the maximum budget request amount was corrected to $15,000. In addition, the deadline to submit written questions has been updated to Monday, December 28, 2020 at 5:00 P.M. This change was reflected in both the revised RFP and the Key Dates (schedule) on this website. Finally, the PowerPoint presentation from the Bidders Conference has been uploaded under Documents, below.
DOCUMENTS (CLICK TO VIEW OR DOWNLOAD)
Appendix B: Proposal Budget Template - REVISED uploaded 1.12.2021 - Prepare your project budget on this template; upload and submit it with your application
Appendix C: City Grant Terms (Form G-100) - For reference only
Appendix D: Applicant Requirements and Guidelines - For reference only
Appendix E: Supplier Registration Instructions - For reference only
Any additional documents will be uploaded in this section, please check back frequently for updates. If you would like to request any of the above documents in an alternative format, please email email@example.com. The email address is monitored between 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays.