REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP) #222
The Office of Economic and Workforce Development (OEWD) is issuing this Request for Proposals (RFP) #222- Economic and Workforce Development Grants, to identify nonprofit partners with the ability to administer a host of sector-based economic and workforce development programs. This RFP includes six (6) distinct program areas and an anticipated total funding allocation for initial grants of $4,010,000. Initial grant terms may range in length between 12 months and 2 years. Business Development grant awards are anticipated to begin in March 2022 or later, and Workforce Development grant awards will begin in July 2022 or later. For most programs, OEWD may elect to renew or extend services through fiscal year 2025-2026, subject to OEWD approval and funding appropriation.
The anticipated schedule for this RFP is below. Please check this page frequently for updates as the schedule is subject to change.
The deadline to submit substantive questions is Wednesday, February 2, 2022 at 11:59 PM. Substantive questions are questions that seek to clarify expectations about the RFP or administrative processes. However, you may continue to submit technical questions (e.g. "How do I complete the application?") to email@example.com until the submission deadline and we will respond as soon as possible.
OEWD will offer two (2) virtual technical assistance sessions (held online via Zoom) to support applicants with the online application. If you would like some 1:1 or small group consultation on the online application form, please join us for one of the following sessions (no registration required):
- Tuesday, February 15, 2022 from 2:00P.M.-3:00P.M. CLICK HERE TO ATTEND TA SESSION #1 (Zoom)
- Wednesday, February 16, 2022 from 12:00 P.M. to 2:00 P.M. CLICK HERE TO ATTEND TA SESSION #2 (Zoom)
To ensure full transparency and the opportunity for all applicants to benefit from Departmental guidance, questions should only be submitted in writing. The answers to all questions asked by the deadline will be available for download in the Documents section below.
All updates to the RFP will be posted in this section with a date/time stamp indicating when the update occurred. Any questions regarding updates should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 27, 2022 at 2:10 P.M. - The notification deadline for this RFP has been updated. OEWD now expects to issue remaining notifications no later than Tuesday, May 31, 2022.
- March 11, 2022 at 5:30 P.M. - The notification deadline for this RFP has been updated. OEWD now expects to issue remaining notifications no later than Monday, May 2, 2022.
- February 28, 2022 at 4:55 P.M. - The notification deadline for this RFP has been updated. OEWD now expects to issue notifications on Friday, March 11, 2022.
- February 9, 2022 at 3:17 P.M. - OEWD is offering two (2) virtual technical assistance sessions (held online via Zoom) to support applicants with the online application. If you would like some 1:1 or small group consultation on the online application form, please join us for one of the following sessions (no registration required):
- February 9, 2022 at 3:10 P.M. - Please note the following update regarding the SF Live Program Areas (A and B): The San Francisco Recreation and Park Department (RPD) expects to waive venue rental fees for SF Live concerts taking place within its parks. The grantee(s) awarded through this RFP would still be expected to cover any additional costs that may be required by RPD or other agencies for these concerts, such as RPD staffing, refuse collection, permits required for ancillary activities such as concessions, and permits from other agencies, as well as any other costs of producing these events, including but not limited to equipment, talent fees, and staffing. Applicants may submit budgets that assume the waiver of venue rental fees for events in RPD parks. For more information about events in RPD parks, please visit: https://sfrecpark.org/424/Special-Events
- February 4, 2022 at 5:42 P.M. - The Question and Answer (Q&A) Log for RFP #222 was posted under Documents, below.
- January 26, 2022 at 3:11P.M. - A revised version of RFP #222 was posted under Documents, below. This version provides updated performance metrics and supplementary requirements under Program Area F, CityBuild Southeast Sector Coordinator.
Applications will be accepted online, and all elements of the proposal package must be submitted by the application deadline.
Click the button below to apply online:
DOCUMENTS (CLICK TO VIEW OR DOWNLOAD)
Appendix A: Application Questions - RFP #222- For reference only. This document contains the questions that you will find in the online application. Click to download.
Appendix B: Proposal Budget Template - For reference only. This document provides additional details on key City administrative requirements that apply to applicants. Click to download.
Appendix C: City Grant Terms (Form G-100) - For reference only. This document provides standard City boilerplate language that will be included in the resulting grants awarded through this RFP.
Appendix D: Applicant Requirements and Guidelines - For reference only. This document provides additional details on key City administrative requirements that apply to applicants.
Appendix E: Supplier Registration Instructions - For reference only.
RFP #222 Question and Answer Log - Published February 4, 2022
Any additional documents will be uploaded in this section, please check back frequently for updates. If you would like to request any of the above documents in an alternative format, please email email@example.com. The email address is monitored between 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays.