The Central Market Community Benefit District (CMCBD) is a non-profit, community-based organization formed in 2006. The CMCBD strives to improve the overall cleanliness and safety of the district with the goal of increasing pedestrian activity, strengthening existing small businesses and cultural institutions, attracting new investment, and improving quality of life.
Services may include but are not limited to:
- 10B Office Program
- Special Patrol
- Economic Development
% of first year budget
Annual first year costs
|Cleaning and Maintenance||28.72%||$339,046.40|
|Contingency and Reserve||11.52%||$135,970.36|
TOTAL ASSESSMENT REVENUES
|Other Revenues/General Benefit Contributions||3.68%||$45,095.99|
TOTAL DISTRICT REVENUES
Market St., between 5th and 9th on the South side; and between 5th-6th and 8th-9th on the North side.
- Central Market CBD Management Plan
- Central Market CBD Engineer's Report
- Central Market CBD Election Results
- Central Market CBD Amendment Election Results
Please click the following link for a PDF version of the map.
Pursuant to California Streets and Highways Code, Section 36650, each Community Benefit District and Business Improvement District must provide an annual report after their first year of operation. Annual reports and financial statements are submitted to OEWD for review. OEWD reviews these documents and determines whether or not the CBD met four benchmarks:
1) Whether the variance between the budget of that fiscal year or calendar year was within 10 percentage points of their management plan budget by service category
2) Whether the CBD or BID, if required, met its respective general benefit obligation
3) Whether the variance between the fiscal year or calendar year budget was within 10 percentage points of their actual spending for the same time period
4) Whether the CBD or BID indicated the amount of funds carried forward from the previous fiscal year or calendar year into the next
The report is heard before the Government Audit and Oversight committee of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors where OEWD presents on its findings and the CBD or BID presents on its accomplishments and metrics for the reporting period
The latest annual report approved by the Board of Supervisors for Central Market CBD is for FY 2016-2017 and pertinent information can be found here.