Community Panelist - Call For Nomination
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
The Office of Economic and Workforce Development seeks individuals with connections to San Francisco communities, and/or the following: insight and expertise in business and organization growth, job training, and community development. This is a paid opportunity to be part of OEWD's grant-making process.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR POTENTIAL APPLICANTS WHO:
- Have a strong connection to one or more of San Francisco’s communities and neighborhoods
- Have navigated, received, or helped someone else through the process of receiving community workforce or economic support resources
- Have experience with growing a business, career and vocational training, community organizing, promising practices for nonprofits, event planning and programming, emerging technologies, facility and capital needs.
- Are practicing professionals growing economic opportunities for businesses or individuals, and have experience advancing cultural and racial equity.
- Have an interest in taking a behind-the-scenes look at the grant-making process.
- Are representative of both San Francisco’s demographics and the specific 2020 applicant pool in terms of race/ethnicity, gender, LGBTQ, and differently-abled representations.
POTENTIAL PANELISTS WILL:
- Ensure the transparency of OEWD's grant-making practices.
- Review, rank and comment on grant applications in the category specific to their expertise.
- Meet in a virtual setting where applicants may observe panel discussions.
- Receive compensation for each application reviewed.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply here: link.oewd.org/JoinPanel
Deadline: EXTENDED to March 30, 2021
- Staff evaluates how and when your contribution may be useful in the panel review process. OEWD will contact you only if you have been selected.
- Selected panelists may need to set up a compliant City Supplier account to receive payment for their services. Learn more.
- Panelists participate in an orientation webinar to get familiar with the review process and scoring criteria.
Thank you for your interest in being an integral part of supporting shared and equitable prosperity in San Francisco!
NOTE: Panelists may separately apply for grants and will not be assigned to a review where they may have perceived conflicts of interest. Examples of recent and active requests for proposals can be found at OEWD.org/bid-opportunities.