COVID-19 External Resources
Disclaimer: These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or approval by the City.
I am looking for:
WAYS TO SUPPORT
Local businesses and workers need your support now more than ever. Here are some of the most direct ways you can help.
- Shop Local for pickup or delivery from groceries or restaurants and buy online directly from local businesses, including our legacy businesses. Also, make sure to check out your local neighborhood merchant's association.
- Buy services or gift cards now, to use for later, and keep up with your local memberships.
- Support local crowdfunding campaigns using platforms like GoFundMe and LiftRocket that help small businesses and workers. If you're using GoFundme, remember that you can receive a $500 matching grant, details here.
- Make a tax-deductible donation to the City’s ♡ Give2SF COVID-19 Response and Recovery Fund.
RESOURCES FOR BUSINESSES
Many companies, organizations and financial institutions are offering specific COVID-19 assistance and programs for small businesses.
Grants for local businesses, such as:
✺ Google.org grant program for Latino-owned businesses (open September 14 to October 14, 2020)
✺ TMC Community Capital (closed on August 14, 2020)
✺ LISC Small Business Relief Grants (closed on September 7, 2020 at 11:59 PM ET)
✺ Facebook (closed for the Bay Area on May 8, 2020)
✺ Salesforce (closed on May 4, 2020)
✺ Red Backpack Fund/Spanx (sign up to be notified)
- Micro-loans and crowdfunding campaigns can help with cash flow.
- Companies that you already do business with are offering discounts and other resources that can help, including financial organizations, software/tech companies, and others.
- Local Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) providers are selling masks, gloves, hand sanitizers and more. View a list of San Francisco vendors and a larger list of CA manufacturers and vendors. Free PPE is available to small businesses while supplies last, learn more. * NEW *
- Legal Aid at Work, a resource for employees, provides answers to Frequently Asked Questions regarding new COVID-19 legal considerations, and it's available in 中文, español, and Tiếng Việt. More detailed information is also available from the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
RESOURCES FOR WORKERS
Workers across many industries have been impacted by COVID-19. These resources offer relief to some of the hardest hit.
Relief Funds are available for local workers:
- Companies are providing relief by offering discounts and deferrals, including financial organizations and utilities.
- You can get an estimate of unemployment benefits available to you with the state's online calculator and from third parties like Zippia.
- Legal Aid at Work answers Frequently Asked Questions for employees regarding COVID-19, and it's available in 中文, español, and Tiếng Việt.
- See an overview of Immigrant Eligibility for Public Programs.
RESOURCES FOR NONPROFITS
Many foundations and companies are offering specific COVID-19 assistance and programs for nonprofits. Also, consider checking with current funders and grant managers about available assistance and updates.
- Check out this list of current and future funding opportunities compiled by leading philanthropic organizations.
✺ Catchafire matches nonprofits with skilled volunteers. Email to learn more.
✺ Community Vision offers financial and real estate assistance.
✺ Fiscal Management Associates offers continuity guidance and PPP assistance. Call 646-416-6053 or email to learn more.
- Candid is offering temporary access to Foundation Directory Online and Grants. For access, go to the SF Public Library's database and click the "Foundation Directory Online Essentials" link.
- Companies you already do business with are offering discounts and other resources that can help, including financial organizations, software/tech companies, and others.
- Get regular updates on state and federal policy impacting nonprofit operations from CalNonprofits webinars.