Monday, September 19, 2005 at 1:00 p.m.
1 Dr. Carlton Goodlett Place, Rm. 421
1. INTRODUCTIONS AND ROLL CALL
The meeting was called to order at 1:05 p.m. by Committee Administrator Jill Lerner.
Present: Dennis Antenore (SFPP) Mrs. G. Bland Platt (BOS)
Tony Irons (Mayor) Mark Ryser (SF Beautiful)
Joanne Sakai (SFRA)
Absent: Charles Chase (SF Heritage)
Jeremy Kotas (LAPB)
Laurence Kornfield appeared on behalf of the Department of Building Inspection; Mark Luellen appeared on behalf of the Planning Department.
2. OVERVIEW OF LAWS AND RULES FOR CITIZEN MEMBERS OF CITY AGENCIES: BROWN ACT PUBLIC RECORDS ACT, SUNSHINE ORDINANCE:
Deputy City Attorney Mariam Morley explained public meeting and information laws. Conflict of interest issues of Committee members arose. Deputy City Attorney Jesse Smith suggested that Deputy City Attorneys Claire Sylvia and Chad Jacobs appear before the committee to explain conflict of interest laws.
3. CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION TO APPROVE: COMMITTEE BY-LAWS
Ms. Lerner presented a by-laws template to the Committee for its review. Mr. Antenore that the introductory narrative be revised to include purposes in addition to disbursement. Mr. Hillis agreed to do this.
Mrs.Platt asked that future agendae include as the last item a request for agenda topics for the next meeting. The Committee decided to put over approval of By-Laws to the next meeting.
Historic Preservation Fund Committee
September 19, 2005
4. SELECTION OF COMMITTEE CHAIR AND VICE CHAIR
Per request of Mr. Ryser, the Committee agreed to postpone selection of Chair and Vice Chair until the next meeting.
5. REVIEW OF LETTER (APRIL, 2005) TO SUSAN BRANDT-HAWLEY FROM MAYOR GAVIN NEWSOM RE EMPORIUM SITE MIXED USE DEVELOPMENT
Mr. Hillis suggested that this item and the following item be discussed simultaneously.
6. POLICIES REGARDING DISBURSEMENT OF $2.5 MILLION FROM SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT FUND
The Committee discussed general issues relating to the subject matter of funding needs, policy, Planning Department and surveys.
The Committee agreed to hold its next meeting on October 12, 2005. The meeting was adjourned at 5:30 p.m.