What Do We Offer?
- Training to help you attain employment in San Francisco’s booming Hospitality Industry
- Job Placement Assistance
- Internships and Transitional Employment Opportunities
- Industry-Recognized Credentials and Certifications
- Assistance with employment portfolio development
- Resume Building and Interview Assistance
- Hands-on Training in Culinary Arts, Barista and Food Services, House-keeping, Guest Services, Building Maintenance, Security, and Custodial/Janitorial Services
- VESL (Vocational English as Second Language) and Computer Literacy Training
- Direct Access to Employer Networks
Qualifications to join
- Age 18 years or older
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Unemployed and/or underemployed
*Please note that each training track has its own eligiblity requirements.
Background Information about the Program
The Hospitality Initiative, launched in 2011, was designed to effectively coordinate training and employment resources that support the growth of a diverse and well-qualified hospitality sector workforce in San Francisco. In support of this goal are the following objectives: To prepare San Francisco residents for training and employment opportunities in the hospitality sector; to fulfill hiring needs of hospitality sector employers with qualified candidates that are job ready, posess the skills and abilities to perform job duties, and hold knowledge and passion for the industry; to educate workforce system service providers and jobseekers about the hospitality industry and to provide them with relevant and current information on connecting to jobs, careers, and/or relevant training.
Industry partnerships play a critical role in establishing sector programming. Collaborative partners include San Francischo Hotel Council (and affiliated members), Golden Gate Restaurant Association (and affiliated members), San Francisco Travel, Moscone Center, City College of San Francisco, San Francisco Unified School District, Unite Here Local 2, and community based organizations and industry employers.