Job Readiness Services
What services are available?
- Overcome challenges to employment and prepare for a career
- Receive one-on-one support with your job search
- Develop and increase your employment skills
- Access job training programs in high-demand industries: health care, hospitality, construction, and technology
- Prepare for employment
- Opportunities for direct job placement
How to get started
Visit one of the providers listed on the Job Readiness Services Flyer.
Download the Job Readiness Services Flyer:
- Information in English
- Información (Spanish) -Coming Soon
- 如需詳細資訊 (Chinese) -Coming Soon
- Impormasyon (Tagalog) -Coming Soon
Background Information about the Program
Job Readiness Services (JRS) plays a critical bridge role for individuals who, because of the barriers they face, are not yet able to focus on a job search and employment. By providing a holistic and culturally-competent JRS for the City’s residents with multiple barriers to successful job search and employment.
JRS provider deliver intensive services to help jobseekers identify and create a plan for removing barriers preventing employment; and support the individual in accessing and navigating a citywide service system to resolve these barriers.
JRS providers play an important cross-referral role within San Francisco’s workforce system: receiving referrals from Access Points and other partners of job-seekers with multiple barriers to employment, AND referring job-seekers who have successfully addressed barriers through JRS to an appropriate Sector Workforce Program or other appropriate Access Point for services focused on vocational training and employment.
Individuals experiencing homelessness:
- Central City Hospitality House
181 6th Street, San Francisco, CA 94124
(415) 369-3050, www.hospitalityhouse.org
- Community Housing Partnership
20 Jones Street, Suite 200, San Francisco, CA 94102
(415) 852-5300, www.chp-sf.org
- Compass Family Services
995 Market Street, 5th Floor, San Franciso, CA 94103
(415) 644-0504, www.compass-sf.org
Individuals seeking a high school diploma/GED:
- Five Keys Charter School
70 Oak Grove Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
(415) 734-3310, www.fivekeyscharter.org
Individuals with limited English proficiency:
- Mujeres Unidas y Activas
2542 18th Street, Suite 23, San Francisco, CA 94110
(415) 621-8140, www.mujeresunidas.net
Individuals in the LGBT community: