Established in December 2010, the Ocean Avenue Community Benefit District is one of the newest CBDs in San Francisco. The district boundaries include properties that front Ocean Avenue from Manor Drive on the west running along Ocean Avenue to Interstate 280. There are 148 properties within the district including commercial, retail, educational, non-profit and residential uses. Managed by a nonprofit organization called Ocean Avenue Association, this district will focus on cleaning and maintenance; safety; marketing; and streetscape improvements for 15 years.
Services may include but are not limited to:
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Streetscape Improvements and Beautification
Ocean Avenue CBD includes properties that front Ocean Avenue from Manor Drive on the west running along Ocean Avenue to Interstate 280.
- Ocean Avenue CBD Management Plan
- Ocean Avenue CBD Engineer's Report
- Ocean Avenue CBD Election Results
Please click the following link for a PDF version of the map.
Pursuant to California Streets and Highways Code, Section 36650, each Community Benefit District and Business Improvement District must provide an annual report after their first year of operation. Annual reports and financial statements are submitted to OEWD for review. OEWD reviews these documents and determines whether or not the CBD met four benchmarks:
1) Whether the variance between the budget of that fiscal year or calendar year was within 10 percentage points of their management plan budget by service category
2) Whether the CBD or BID, if required, met its respective general benefit obligation
3) Whether the variance between the fiscal year or calendar year budget was within 10 percentage points of their actual spending for the same time period
4) Whether the CBD or BID indicated the amount of funds carried forward from the previous fiscal year or calendar year into the next
The report is heard before the Government Audit and Oversight committee of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors where OEWD presents on its findings and the CBD or BID presents on its accomplishments and metrics for the reporting period
The latest annual report approved by the Board of Supervisors for Ocean Avenue CBD is for FY 2016-2017 and pertinent information can be found here.