Open in San Francisco
OPEN IN SAN FRANCISCO
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Open in SF is an initiative of the Office of Economic and Workforce Development (OEWD). The program helps businesses navigate a complex permit process through various departments to establish their small business. Depending on the type of business, permitting can require up to 24 permits from 11 city departments and 3 state or federal departments.
The program will help you by providing:
- A primary point of contact to work with you throughout the permitting experience;
- A holistic proactive perspective, making sure you know what to expect; and
- Assistance collaborating across departments to assess the needs of your business.
YOUR IDEA. YOUR BUSINESS. OPEN HERE.
The Open in SF program offers free services to people opening brick and mortar businesses in San Francisco.
If you are ready talk about the permits and licenses needed to start a food-based business, a dedicated case manager is available to help:
- Provide information about the process and requirements
- Evaluate business owner needs
- Engage and instruct throughout the process
- Coordinate suite of City services
Learn more by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-554-6122.
The Open in SF Program is an initiative supported by partners in various City departments, including OEWD, Office of Small Business, Planning Department, Department of Building Inspection, Department of Public Health, Fire and Police Departments, Department of Public Works, Public Utilities Commission, Department of Environment, Treasurer and Tax Collector’s Office, Entertainment Commission, and Office of the Assessor-Recorder.