Top of Broadway
Established in 2013, the Top of Broadway Community Benefit District sits in the heart of the City of San Francisco’s entertainment district. This exciting neighborhood is a cultural center featuring cafes, museums, nightlife, and retail. The CBD focuses on fostering a safer and more secure community, enhancing environmental quality and beauty, and reinforcing the viability of the economic base.
Services may include but are not limited to:
- District Identity
- Sidewalk cleaning
- Streetscape improvements
- Economic viability
The Top of Broadway CBD is along parts Broadway Street and Columbus Avenue.
- Top of Broadway CBD Management Plan
- Top of Broadway CBD Engineers Report
- Top of Broadway CBD Election Results
Please click the following link for a PDF version of the map.
Pursuant to California Streets and Highways Code, Section 36650, each Community Benefit District and Business Improvement District must provide an annual report after their first year of operation. Annual reports and financial statements are submitted to OEWD for review. OEWD reviews these documents and determines whether or not the CBD met four benchmarks:
1) Whether the variance between the budget of that fiscal year or calendar year was within 10 percentage points of their management plan budget by service category
2) Whether the CBD or BID, if required, met its respective general benefit obligation
3) Whether the variance between the fiscal year or calendar year budget was within 10 percentage points of their actual spending for the same time period
4) Whether the CBD or BID indicated the amount of funds carried forward from the previous fiscal year or calendar year into the next
The report is heard before the Government Audit and Oversight committee of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors where OEWD presents on its findings and the CBD or BID presents on its accomplishments and metrics for the reporting period
The latest annual report approved by the Board of Supervisors for Top of Broadway CBD is for FY 2016-2017 and pertinent information can be found here.