Warriors Arena Project
In 2012, San Francisco began actively working with the Golden State Warriors to develop a world-class, state-of-the-art event center and mixed-use development project at Piers 30-32. In April 2014, the Warriors purchased an undeveloped 11-acre lot on Mission Bay Blocks 29-32. The project completed the public approval process in December 2015.
In addition to the creation of an estimated 3,000+ permanent jobs and 2,500+ temporary/construction jobs, the project will generate hundreds of millions of dollars in new economic growth and activity for the City as well as over $14 million in annual tax receipts and help to accelerate development of an area of Mission Bay that has been dormant for decades.
The Golden State Warriors arena plans to open in time for the 2019-2020 basketball season.
Golden State Warriors Arena Project:
- 18,000 seat pavilion
- over 3,000 permanent jobs created (including event staff)
- over 2,500 temporary construction jobs
- 200 games, family shows and events per year
- Triggers development of the 5.5 acre Bayfront Park
- Robust public transportation including Caltrain, Muni, and AT&T Park ferry, plus funding for transit service and traffic enforcement in the surrounding neighborhood
- Certified LEED Gold of higher construction
- Developer: Golden State Warriors
- Location: Mission Bay bounded by 3rd, 16th and South Streets, and Terry Francois Blvd.
- Proposed Site Uses: 12 acres of state-of-the-art multi-purpose arena and event space with one million square feet of 'commercial/ industrial' entitlement.
- Completion Date: 2018-2019 basketball season
- Project Status: Design Phase
- Funding Source(s): Project sponsor
- Project Features:
- 18,000 seats multi-purpose sporting and event space
- 580,00 square feet for office/laboratory space
- 100,000 square feet for retail
- 35,000 square feet public plaza
- 3.2 acres for public space (plazas & landscaping) = more than 30% of the entire site
- Get Involved
- Draft Subsequent Environmental Impact Report (DSEIR) on the Event Center and Mixed Use Development at Mission Bay Blocks 29-32
- Draft Golden State Warriors Fiscal Impact Analysis
- Golden State Warriors Event Management Plan