Small Business Impacts: August 26 Demonstrations
The Golden Gate National Recreation Area (GGNRA) has approved a permit for the Patriot Prayer group for a rally at Crissy Field on Saturday, August 26 at 2 p.m.
The City has no jurisdiction over Crissy Field. Crissy Field is owned and operated by the Federal Government and the Golden Gate National Recreation Area (GGNRA) is responsible for permitting all events.
The Mayor’s number one priority is the safety and well-being of the residents of San Francisco.
The San Francisco Police Department (SFPD) is working with the Golden Gate National Recreation Area and the United States Parks Police on a comprehensive public safety plan. Read the SFPD Advisory for August 26 Events.
As a merchant, you may be impacted by the Crissy Field rally.
Portions of the Presidio will be closed to through traffic, and neighboring corridors may become congested.
Your safety is of the utmost priority to the City. During hours of operation we ask that you:
- Dial 3-1-1 (within SF) or (415)701-2311 for overflowing garbage cans, blocked driveways and loading docks
- Remove and store garbage cans and any exterior furnishings and signs that are not permanently affixed
- Staff accordingly, and inform your staff of potential traffic impacts
- Dial 5-1-1 for information on rerouted bus services
- For police non-emergencies, dial (415)553-0123
- For an emergency, dial 9-1-1
- For all small businesses who have questions regarding the information on this flyer, dial (415)297-0538
Rec and Park Parking
The following parking lots will be closed to the public, limited access will be allowed for scheduled event attendees at St. Francis Yacht Club and licensed berth owners:
TIME: Saturday, August 26th From 5AM to 7PM (To Be Determined for Closure End Time)
- At Buchanan Street and Marina Blvd
- At Marina Green Drive and Marina Blvd
- At Scott Street and Marina Blvd
- At Baker Street and Marina Blvd
The Palace of Fine Arts Parking Lot will be closed to the public, limited access will be allowed for scheduled event attendees at Palace of Fine Arts and Theater:
TIME: From 5AM to TBD
- At Marina Blvd and Baker Street
- At Bay Street and Baker Street
- At Lyon Street and Baker Street
- There will be no 76x Bus service going over the Golden Gate Bridge to the Marin Headlands.
- Bus service that typically go to or through the Presidio will stop short of the park, including the 29, 28, and the 43
- The 22, 28, 30, 41, 43 and 45 bus will not run into the Marina/Cow Hollow area.
- The 5, 19, 21, 22 bus may be re-routed in the Civic Center area.
- F historic street car lines will be turned around downtown before traveling to Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Cable car lines will be run by bus.
- BART will be running as normal.
- Paratransit crews are working with the city to provide service for people who need it over the weekend.
- There will be six two-car trains to add extra capacity in the Subway
We thank you for being a small business in San Francisco, and contributing to the vibrancy of San Francisco,
The Office of Economic and Workforce Development