For access to Self Service Timesheets, Paystub Online, Employee Orientation and Benefits, Training available through the Department of Human Resources, and employee resources, follow this link to the Employee Gateway.
Statement of Incompatible Activities
As mandated by the San Francisco Ethics Commission, the attached Statement of Incompatible Activities must be posted on our department website for employee and public reference. The statement identify activities that are incompatible, inconsistent or in conflict with the duties and mission of the department.
- Time Off - Employees must request any planned time off at least 5 business days in advance by filling out and submitting the Time Off Request Form. Make sure to include your own and your supervisor’s e-mail addresses under Notifications on the last page of the form so that the approver is notified of your request.
- Purchasing - To request the purchase of supplies, equipment, or other goods or services, fill out and submit the Purchase Request Form. The form will first go to Accounting to generate a Purchase Order, as required by the City Charter, and then the request will be routed to an authorized approver.
- Employee Expenses - Employees needing to pay for business expenses out of pocket must fill out and submit the Employee Expense Preapproval Form for approval prior to incurring costs. The form will first go to Accounting for review of allowability and availability of funds, and then the request will be routed to an authorized approver. Once the expenses have been paid and within 30 days of returning from travel, employees must complete the Employee Reimbursment Form to get paid back. Supporting documentation such as receipts, preapproval, and agendas must be attached. This form will also go to Accounting before it is assigned to an approver. For more information on the City's guidelines for employee reimbursement, click here.
Other Employee Resources
- The Employee Handbook contains information on personnel rules, policies, and procedures.
- Find out more about how the City today is governed – check out San Francisco’s Municipal Codes and Charter here.
- Check out interactive tools, reports and other content to shed light on the City’s economy, finances, and operational performance on SFOpenBook.
- Find another City employee’s telephone number by going to the SFGOV Online Directory.
- IT support is provided through the City's General Services Agency. Place a request for assistance by clicking here. Please include your workstation number, phone number or extension in your request.