What does this Program Offer?
- Internships and job placement assistance
- Assitance with portfolio development
- Resume and interviewing workshops
- Access to employer networks
- Into to skills in HTML, Adobe Suite, and tech support
- Boot camps and industry-recognized credentials
Qualifications to join
- Age 18 years or older
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Unemployed or Underemployed
- Technical Skills Training: Please note that prerequisites may apply. Suggested 3-6 month internship for all trainings.
- Tech Support: 10 weeks of coursework
- Web Development: 12 weeks of coursework
- Computer Programming: 4-8 weeks boot camp
- Multimedia: 4-8 week boot camp or 16 weeks of coursework
- Project Management: 8 weeks of coursework
What careers does this program prepare me for?
- Networking & Security
- Tech Support & Administration
How to get started
- Employeers seeking tech talent? Find it here: www.techsftalent.com.
- Jobseekers looking to apply for training, find jobs or gigs, or just assess your skills? Get more info, register for an orientation, or apply directly at Bay Area Video Coalition (BAVC): www.bavc.org/learn/tech-sf.
- Download the TechSF Flyer:
- Information in English
- Información (Spanish) - Coming Soon
- 如需詳細資訊 (Chinese) - Coming Soon
- Impormasyon (Tagalog) - Coming Soon
Background Information about the Program
TechSF is funded by the Office of Economic and Workforce Development (OEWD) and is offered in partnership with Academy X, Bay Area Video Coalition, Bayview Hunters Point Center for the Arts & Technology, City College of San Francisco, General Assembly, Mission Economic Development Agency, San Francisco State University, Treehouse Island, Udacity, Upwardly Global, and Year Up Bay Area.
TechSF offers a range of training programs in high growth technology occupations that are in high demand - including Networking & Security, Tech Support & Administration, Programming, and Multimedia - in order to prepare San Francisco's residents for entry into careers in the technology industry. TechSF provides vocational skills training, work experience opportunities, and offers job placement assistance and career advancement to training participants and other individuals working in the tech field.